Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Terrorist Trial

I just saw on the news that Saddam Hussein is back in court today after being hospitalized from a 17 day hunger strike. I know we have to be fair to our prisoners, but isn't he going to be convicted of several crimes and basically die in prison? It just seems odd to spend money on a hospital stay for a criminal who quit eating on purpose.
Why wasn't he eating? Perhaps it was a fast. Perhaps he didn't want to go to court for a few days. Maybe he knows that he only has control over his own body. By not eating, he is showing that he can still do something to tick people off.
I don't know. I dont' really know much about this story. I'm just saying that it might have been better if they would have let him starve to death so they wouldn't have to use more money for his trial.

1 comment:

  1. Saddam also has announced that if he's convicted, he'd like to have a firing squad execute him. Good that he's thinking ahead.

    ReplyDelete