Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dining "Fiasco"

Last night we had dinner with James' friend Eric. My "perfect baby" was not perfect. He drove me nuts! He was screaming and trying to get out of his seat. He was an ok eater, but it took him a while. When we were finished eating I took Asa out to the van so the guys could sit and talk for a while. Asa played in the van pretty well for a while, but then he was wanting to run around the parking lot. I wasn't handling the stress and heat very well to say the least. The good thing is that Asa's worst behavior wasn't as bad as other kids I've seen in public.
Asa is currently playing with a little trash can. It's a lot of fun! Earlier this morning Asa was walking around holding a teddy bear. I think it's cute that he has a cuddly that he likes so much.

2 comments:

  1. Bennett and AinsleyJune 14, 2008 at 11:05 AM

    This is the first time I have commented on your blog...I hope you don't mind! It is fun to see your boy growing up here! He is a doll. Oh, the dining fiasco. Asa is just entering the age of dining fiascos, most likely. It can be a frustrating time. You just want to enjoy eating out but a toddler can make it next to impossible, and they are impossible to reason with. Is he old enough to scribble yet? I recommend buying one of those tiny (4"x6") MagnaDoodles with the attached magnet pen. That keeps Ainsley pretty happy at restaurants and it's small enough to fit in a purse. Just an idea from someone with a couple years of dining fiasco under her belt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiasco is a good description. I am impressed that you were able to entertain Asa (in the heat and being so pregnant) so that James could have a good visit. That was very loving.

    ReplyDelete