Thursday, August 7, 2008

Smile!!

Yesterday I was at the missions convention at our District Assembly. I accidentally wandered into the meeting about the district budget. Boring! It was late starting and I didn't want to leave and go to another workshop and be even later getting to that one. So I stayed and actually learned something useful. Judah started crying so I took him out. After a while, he was no longer crying. I sat down on the floor in the hallway with him. He talked a little bit to me so I started smiling and talking to him. After a couple minutes, he smiled at me! It was his first purposeful smile! That makes a happy day for a mom.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were still blogging until you posted on my blog!! So, hello! Samuel agrees with you about Jackson Pollock, by the way. He thinks the paintings are super interesting. I don't know that I'm familiar enough with them to have an opinion, but Sam said we'd see some in some of the museums we'll visit. Good luck with the one to two adjustment! For me, that was a lot harder than two to three. (But that may be because I've had so much help this time around, and I wasn't so lucky when Elijah was born.) It can be so tough and so frustrating and so daunting one day ... and then so wonderful and so fulfilling and so beautiful the next. I'm just so excited for you to have the two boys be best buddies. They are going to have so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete