Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One Month

It's been exactly one month since my last post. Why the long break? I'll tell you why. My friend Janae has started home-preschooling her kids and she doesn't have enough time to read blog posts. Well, that's not really the reason but she did ask me not to post anymore.

In the last month I have:
-taught 9 days of preschool
-taken a little boy for his 15 month check-up
-gone on our youth group's fall retreat
-been to Bible study every Wednesday morning
-had a visit from Aunt Janet and Uncle Steve (James' sister)
-gone to Sam's Club (twice)
-driven a few times to Tonganoxie to see Aunt Janeille and family (James' other sister)
-attended two birthday parties
-made dinner for some sick friends
-hosted small group a few times
-hosted a BBQ
-gone to church every Sunday morning

I'd say that's a pretty good reason for not blogging!

We finally had the opportunity to go to James' nephew Drew's birthday party. His birthday is in September and we've never been able to attend his party because of school. Now that they live in the KC area, we can go to all the parties! It was great being there to see him open his presents and hang out with his friends.

Have I ever mentioned that James has a new job? Well, he does. He's the communication coordinator at our church. It's been a big change for us. We're still trying to iron out some of the details that come with a new job. I experienced on of the benefits of having him working in town this morning. We ate breakfast together! At a time when James would have previously been at work, he is home now and we can sit at the table and talk over waffles. On a side note, I've not seen Asa eat so much at one meal in a long time. He ate an entire waffle!

A lot more has happened recently, but I'm not going to be able to remember all the details. I'll see if we have any interesting pictures and might post them later. Good to "see" you all again!

3 comments:

  1. I guess a visit from Asa and Judah's grandma didn't make the list of activities during the last month. I didn't see anything about crayon markings all over either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that made me laugh out loud! I even read it to Sam, it was that funny. I guess I'll have to be more careful with the things I tell people to do on my blog! ;) Yay for having James home for breakfast - I hope that becomes standard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to "see" you again, too :) Always nice to hear about your lives.

    ReplyDelete