Friday, August 27, 2010

Judah, Our Two-Year-Old

Judah turned 2 on July 1st. To celebrate, we put him in the car for 4 hours! I'll get to that. We tried to make a big deal about his birthday even though it was a crazy day. Since February I have wanted to get Judah a big stuffed Thomas that I saw at Target. A few days before his birthday we were in the store and found that they still had the coveted (by myself) Thomas. That was his special present from our family.
Since it had been months since we were in Iowa, we decided to go for a visit. We had to make a few stops before we left town. James had an interview for a job in Kansas City (more on that later) so we all drove to that. While he was interviewing I took the boys to Crown Center. We had a bagel at Panera and then went to the Clifford exhibit. The boys had fun, although I wasn't really impressed.
The drive to my mom's house was uneventful. We went to the city band concert on the square that evening. Most of the time the boys were clueless that there was a concert going on.
Saturday of that week my sisters came and we had a birthday party for Judah. He seemed to be afraid of the candles but loved his cupcake and ice cream!

Judah loves:
running around...yelling (He either says "ready, go" or "to infinity and beyond" before he runs.)
cars, trucks, trains
books
babies
animals

Judah is 34 inches tall and weighs 26 pounds.

Oh, by the way. It's a boy! Our third baby...is a boy!

3 comments:

  1. Wait, YOU'RE PREGNANT?!? Did I know that? I don't think I knew that. Well, CONGRATULATIONS! Another boy - how fun! My mom had her kids in pairs (2 boys, 3 girls, 3 boys) and so did Sam's mom (3 boys, 2 girls). It's so much fun that way because you always have such great friends. (Or enemies. ;)

    ps. The big stuffed Thomas sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you knew. I wrote about it back in May and you commented. I'm constantly surprised to find out that someone's pregnant and then James reminds me that I already knew that. How are we supposed to remember all these details with little kids running around?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad you're understanding about my forgetfulness! I looked back and suddenly I'm having vague memories about knowing. Ha, ha! You're right, between kids, housework, and church service the two of us are both exempt from having great memories!

    ReplyDelete