Monday, January 18, 2010

Observations Made (Mostly) During the Ten-O'Clock News

There's a new law in Missouri that you have to have your headlights on when driving in any "bad" weather: snow, rain, fog... Do you really need someone to tell you to turn on your lights when it's darkish because of the weather? I turn my lights so that people can see me and not hit me while I'm driving. Guess what happens if you don't have your lights on? Ten dollar ticket. That's right ten bucks!

Judah is 19 months old. He has curly hair. He's never had a hair cut. His hair is pretty long. He's often called a "she" when we're in public. I always dress him in something blue and sporty when we're out. Just so there's no question. It doesn't work. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to cut his hair to preserve the curls. I think we might give him a mullet.

I just heard this on the news:
They studied some number (I can't remember) of women in Australia for ten years. In that period of ten years:
women who had no mate gained 11 pounds (Actually, I don't remember this category for sure. It could have been women living with someone but not married. Not sure)
women who had a husband gained 15 pounds
women who had a child gained 20 pounds
Clearly if you have a baby you're going to gain weight. That's a given. I'd rather gain 4 extra pounds in 10 years and be married than not be married and weigh 4 pounds less at the end of ten years. Can't you lose 4 pounds in like one day? My grandma always would tell me that she "lost three pounds yesterday." Really, what was the point of this study? Sounds like a waist of time. (Pun intended.)

I also just saw the 7-day forecast: Rain Tuesday-Thursday. Mostly cloudy Friday. Rain Saturday. Mostly cloudy Sunday. Rain Monday.

Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash is the best! Try it. Today.


*Please don't share the facts that I've shared with you. They're not real facts because I have a bad memory.

5 comments:

  1. Ha Jodi. Please don't give Judah a mullet. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra Mist Cranberry splash is the best, I agree! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps a long mohawk would suit

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAybe a long mohawk! and comb it to one side! then at least half the time people would see that he is a boy! The other half would show that even at a young age, he is in touch with his feminine side! lolol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'd take an extra nine pounds, a husband, and a baby ANY DAY over being single. Life has so much more meaning and purpose with a family. Who cares if you have an extra couple pounds on each limb?!

    ps. I'd go for the mullet. Maybe only for a week. But I'd do it just to be funny. :)

    ReplyDelete