Friday, February 1, 2013

Peanut Butter Oat Muffins

I made these muffins yesterday. They were delicious! And I feel like they were a little healthier than some of the muffins I make because they don't have butter or oil. I also added chocolate chips because my kids won't eat muffins without chocolate chips. I thought I would share the recipe. I think it was from Taste of Home several years ago.

Peanut Butter Oat Muffins
Prep & Baking: 45 minutes

1-¼ c flour
¾ c oatmeal
¾ c brown sugar
3 t baking powder
½ t salt
dash cinnamon
1 egg
¼ c peanut butter
1-¼ c milk
½ c chopped peanuts

In a bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine wet ingredients. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peanuts.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups ¾ full. Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping and peanuts if desired

1 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment