Saturday, December 30, 2006

Restaurant Help

As a former waitress, I expect good service when I go to a restaurant. However, I am usually forgiving of small problems and a good tipper. These are some things that I have observed over the years. Some just make me laugh at the waitress and others actually tick me off a little.
  • asking if this will be on one check when it's just me and my husband
  • calling me some term of endearment, such as sweetie- this is particularly annoying when she is 16
  • touching the top of my glass or near the food on my plate- those hands aren't always clean
  • blaming the wait on the kitchen- that's only true 30% of the time, it just ensures the waitress a better tip since it "wasn't her fault"
To all of you waiters/waitresses out there, good luck. It's a hard job but someone has to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment