Saturday, January 24, 2009

Giggles

I thought I would share this un-edited video from our fun in the backyard on Thursday. It was over 60 here in Kansas City in January. Since it was so nice I took the boys outside to play. I was not close enough to the boys the first time Asa rolled the ball down the slide and it hit Judah in the face. I was glad since Judah really liked it.


We had a lot of fun outside until Asa brought something to me. It was dog poop. We went inside after that and washed our hands. I told James that we need to buy a house with a private back yard so there isn't any dog poop that my kids can play with.
Thursday night we had "brinner." That consisted of hash browns, eggs and bacon. At one point of the meal I looked at Asa and he was putting hash browns up his nose. I didn't see any up there but he was sneezing a lot for the rest of the evening. I really thought there was something in his nose, yet I didn't do anything about it. Friday morning Asa sneezed and a white chunk came out. I inspected it and determined that it was a tiny piece of potato. I told Asa "that is why we don't put things in our nose" and "I bet you feel better now."
I'm waiting for the video to upload so I guess I'll keep typing.
Last night we went to see the movie "Fireproof" at a church. It was free and we took the boys to our free babysitter Dawn. She also had Caleb and Luke, our youth pastor's kids. It was a pretty fun night. We had pizza with Justin (y. p.) and Amy (his wife). My section was chicken alfredo with red peppers and onions. Delicious. James had spicy red sauce with chorizo, jalapenos and pepper jack cheese. He's nuts. I guess it wasn't really that spicy though. He is constantly saddened by the lack of serious heat in Midwestern foods. We did open a can of el pato sauce that was pretty hot this week.
Video is still uploading. Hmmmm.
Asa is still piling pillows on Judah when they are on our bed. It's really hard to get him to stop it since Judah thinks it is funny. Asa loves being under pillows himself. He usually sleeps with a pillow on his head. Speaking of pillows, Carol (James' mom's friend) made Asa a new pillow. I will have to take a picture of it to share with my faithful blog followers.
Judah had his tooth break through Friday morning. Also around the same time Asa pulled a chair over on himself. Later he was dancing and slipped and crashed to the ground. He seems to be free of serious injuries.

4 comments:

  1. Most babies do not have a belly laugh like Judah! You are so lucky to have that little laugh around. I just love it. Sam and Charlotte made me play the video over and over until we were all laughing. Good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved to hear the boys laughing! As for Asa putting hash browns up his nose, his dad put a Rice Crispy up his nose, another time a piece of gum. What we did is hold the clear nostril and had him blow and it would come right out. I hope you don't have the problem again but thought I'd pass along our object removal method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable...love Asa's hat!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elijah recently discovered his nose, too. He shoves stuff up there, cries, giggles in relief when it comes out ... and then repeats the process. Luckily he quickly learned how to plug the non-stuffed side and blow the stuff out. I just hope he doesn't get entertained by how far small round objects can fly on their way out!

    ReplyDelete