Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Vacation Part 3

Day 3, Christmas Eve:
James and I decided that we should go to the beach the first chance we got. We found the closest spot was about 30 minutes away. We put the kids down early for nap and headed out after the woke up. We were planning on a short trip since we wanted to go to a Christmas Eve service somewhere. So we got to the beach and put the boys in the water a little bit. They weren't the biggest fans of the water but they loved playing in the sand. James was playing in the water with Asa when I heard his yell something. I ran over to see that his glasses had fallen off. In the ocean. We realized that the glasses were gone. James is pretty much blind without his glasses. I went to the lifeguard to leave our number just in case the glasses washed up later. James used his iPhone to find the nearest Lens Crafters. They would be able to get new glasses for him as long as the prescription wasn't too strong. So James called our eye doctor to have his prescription faxed. A couple hours later James had new glasses. I was shocked that our eye doctor's office was still open on Christmas Eve. I was surprised that the glasses were so cheap. And I was happy that James bought me a Christmas present while wandering around the mall nearly blind! After all that excitement we rushed back to the house to shower and get ready for church.

Day 4, Christmas Day:
Our day started the typical way. We opened our stockings. The older girls had to wait a while until our babies woke up. Asa and Judah enjoyed their books and candy in their stockings. James and I got candy and ornaments! My ornament is a little bit less than cool. James thought he would be funny and buy me a lame Hannah Montana ornament! Later we opened presents as a family. The other family units had already exchanged gifts among themselves so our little family was the only ones with gifts to open. Judah got a bowling set. Asa got a big magna doodle and a puzzle. James got a pillow and the movie Slumdog Millionaire. And I got two pair of pants.
Again our kids had an early lunch followed by naps so we could go swimming in the afternoon. James and I ended up going down with the older cousins and Asa before Judah woke up. The weather was great and the water was warm, perfect scene for Christmas day! Asa loved the pool, especially jumping in. He wasn't a fan of getting his face wet and coughed up a lot of water. We ended the day with a Christmas dinner of steak & chicken, courtesy of James the grill master. And of course, we played some pitch!

2 comments:

  1. I miss playing pitch soooo much! No one here plays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the glasses! I'm glad he got new ones so quickly though. I secretly hope that mine will either break or permanently disappear because I really want new ones!

    ReplyDelete