Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Drivin' Through the Car Wash

I can't believe that I'm writing this post. I feel like such a country girl. Please don't make fun of me too much.
This weekend I drove on some gravel roads and my van got terribly dusty. (I don't understand how my mom stood the dust since it was a constant on our cars when I was growing up.) To add to the mess, some of the teens from church put their hand-prints all over my van. I decided to make a trip to the car wash this morning.
*As a side note, Asa is at school. I'm staying home with Judah because he's sick.
After we took Asa to school, we went to the car wash. I don't really go to the car wash very often and when I do, it's usually the self wash. As I drive, I wonder if I have enough money for the car wash and wonder if they take credit cards. Hmm. Really, I'm so behind the times.
I pull in and there's a nice attendant at a little window like McDonald's. I give her my money (they also accept 4 credit cards) and tell her what wash I want. I proceed to drive into the little building. Well this is where it gets crazy. At least for my little country self. There's a guy inside directing me how far to pull in and there's this weird track thing. Am I supposed to drive my tire into that? I guess so. Then, get this! You put the car in neutral and just sit there! Really? This is awesome!
OK so I'm a total goof. I've never been to a real car wash. Let's hear your jesting now. Meanwhile Judah is wondering what is going on. He has a scared look on his face and is pointing out the window. Luckily he doesn't cry. His least favorite part was probably the loud dryers at the end. I'm with him. I thought my wipers were going to be blown off!
Anyhow, as I drove away I reeled in the amazing technology at the car wash. I highly recommend that you visit your local fancy car wash today. It's fun!

1 comment:

  1. Jodi, you are so cute! That's awesome that you've never been to machine-run car wash before. I actually don't think I've been through one since Elijah was born. We don't go often because it usually doesn't quite get all the grit. (Although when you are super muddy and in a hurry, they get you what you want fast.) I'm so with you on how far to drive. I've done it plenty of times and I still think, "I'm supposed to drive over that?!" And for the record, they didn't used to take credit cards, so your doubts weren't baseless. :) Welcome back to blogging (I hope)!

    ReplyDelete