Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Random

Hello out there! I'm back. This will be a random post (hence the title) to catch you up on my life.

We had a baby. Reuben James, born 12-15-10, weighing 7 pounds, 5 ounces, measuring....to be honest, I can't really remember and I don't want to go look because then I'll never finish this post! After 2 months life is starting to settle in with 3 boys. More on this later.

I've decided to bring back the Goal of the Week Program. I'll have a new goal every week. Last week's goal was to read for an hour each day. I did great until I started getting sick and then I just slept and fed the baby. I'm reading Little Women and The Good and Beautiful God. TGaBG is a book that our church is reading together. It's pretty cool reading the same book as 150 other people. I like to read Little Women about once a year because it's just my favorite book ever!

I like wearing leggings and skirts. I know that I'm about 2 years behind on this, but I like it. And I would like to buy some boots. Boots that are flats. Warm boots for the winter. Now that winter is over. The only time to buy boots is when winter is over. Clearance!

James told me tonight that in 8th grade he was the softball manager. Just take a minute and let that soak in. Now picture a little tiny 105-pound James. With straight light brown hair. And big glasses. Now let THAT soak in! So cute!

I should go find a picture of little James but again, I would never finish this post!

I went on a date tonight. The day-after-Valentine's-Day is a quiet time to go on a date. Thank you VanDrunens for watching our 3 boys. Do you know how free we felt going out sans boys? As we were walking in to the bowling alley (which we walked out of 3 minutes later) I told James that I feel so deceptive going out without the boys. People look at us and say, "Look at that cute young couple. Man their lives are going to change when they have kids. They have no idea." But really, we know.

I have many more random thoughts but I cannot remember them. Oh! This week's goal is to post a new blog every day. I'm only 1 day behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment