Friday, June 5, 2009

Sunday & Monday

Sunday we went to church as normal. We saw a few people that we wanted to catch up with a little bit. Afterwards we ate lunch and watched Janeille’s boys while they went to the quarterly church meeting.

Monday morning we headed out for Oak Creek Canyon for some camping fun. We stopped at the top of the canyon to take in the view. It was pretty spectacular. Asa would point over into the canyon and say, “Look, I see it. Canyon.”


We drove down to our camp site in the canyon, by the creek and started setting up tents. Asa had fun running around picking up rocks and sticks. I got out a pack & play for Judah to play in. He was pretty content in there for quite a while. Especially when Asa would stand there playing with him. At some point Janeille realized that we forgot to buy hotdogs when we were at Sam’s Club. That was totally my fault. I had the list and confirmed that we bought everything on it. Oh, I’m so dumb! After much discussion about where to drive to get hotdogs and who would go, Ken and Sandy drove into Sedona to get them. Anyhow, we had hotdogs and later smores over our camp fire. Asa loved playing in our tent. It took a while to get him calmed down to go to sleep. Every time he got in the tent he would giggle and crawl around, running into the sides of the tent. Our boys actually slept pretty well in the tent. The only problem was that Judah woke up early. Janeille’s youngest, Dylan, did not sleep well. His new nick-name is Tazmanian Devil!

3 comments:

  1. Tasmanian Devil must be a stage kids go though. I know a girl in that stage now too (at least at times). I remember when we went to the Grand Canyon. Zoe kept calling it the Grand Candyland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have never seen that part of Arizona. I was shocked when I saw the picture. That is Arizona?? Sam now thinks I'm a complete idiot. Not my fault I haven't seen the pretty parts of Arizona, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly, Janae. I told James that we weren't just going to sit in Winslow this time. There are really some beautiful places in Arizona. You'll have to plan some excursions next time you are there.

    ReplyDelete