Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Trip

Wednesday was filled with cleaning and preparing to go to Iowa for the weekend. My friend Mariah drove up from Tulsa and spent the night. This meant that I had to make the basement presentable. It really wasn't a huge disaster as it often is. I'm really not going to share all the details of the terribly busy day, but I didn't even pack for the weekend until Thursday morning when I was also busy making breakfast and getting last minute things ready for the trip. I felt really bad because Mariah was just waiting on me to get ready.
We left Thursday morning just in time to make it to my mom's house in Oskaloosa before another friend from high school got there. It was so good to sit and talk with Lois and see her cute little daughter!
Other high-lights of the trip include a trip to Tasos' Steakhouse, a visit with a couple other friends from high school, attending a cowboy-themed birthday party, sorting through some of my grandparents' things at Mom's house, watching my boys play with their big cousins, talking with my brother and sisters, going to church and enjoying ice cream from the Frosty Udder.
We got back to Lee's Summit Sunday evening just in time to go to our small group. Mariah and her kids left Monday morning.

Our potential house was inspected yesterday. I was there for a portion of the three (3) hours Woody was inspecting. I can't believe that it took so long! I am very glad, however, that he did a thorough job. The biggest problem is that the furnace doesn't work. We have to get that looked at before we go ahead with the house. Now we just have to get all of the financial things in line so we can close at the beginning of July. Where do I begin packing?

2 comments:

  1. I so wish I could have been with you and Mariah and Lois :( I'm glad you got to make that trip together. Exciting times to be had moving into your own house and making it a home! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm bummed I didn't know you guys were meeting up with Lois. I'm in a book club with Anne so I get to see her fairly regularly, but I would have loved to catch up with you guys!

    ReplyDelete