Friday, April 24, 2009

The One With the Broken Thumb

James got his cast off his hand/arm yesterday after three long weeks. He changed a few poopy diapers, but only when I wasn't home. I was ready for him to again have use of both his hands. When he got home from the doctor, he was sporting a brace. He doesn't have to wear it all the time, just when he's going to be using his hands a lot. The doctor said that it looks like things are healing. James said he could tell from the x-ray that it still wasn't quite right. And he says that it really hurts. He has the brace for three (3) more weeks and then goes back for another look.
The most interesting part of James' visit to the orthopaedic office is that it was take-your-child-to-work-day. There were a lot of little people "working." He noticed one little girl who had a cast on her arm. He found it ironic until he saw another kid with a cast. He then realized that they had put casts on all the kids' hands for the day. Ha! When it was time for James to get his x-ray, a little girl went in the room and told him that he could go have his hand x-rayed. Cute! Personally, I enjoy (endure) take-your-child-to-work-day every day.

I mowed the yard on Tuesday. I didn't realize how much work it is. I now have an increased level of respect for those who mow tons of yards every week. They deserve to be paid a lot!

Now when Asa wants something he says, "I need ______." Last night it was "I need a cookie."

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm sure the Asa needs a cookie. Just like I need ice cream. :)

    I didn't realize that James broke his thumb! How did that happen?? Did it interfere with his work stuff much? I hope it heals back perfectly and doesn't cause him pain forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James broke his thumb playing basketball with some kids at our church about 5 weeks ago. He went to the doctor a week later. (It was actually on April Fool's Day and people thought his temporary splint was a joke.) Then next day he went to the orthopaedic doctor and got a cast that he had for 3 weeks. He was still able to type which is what he does at work. The biggest hindrance was hurting the kids with his cast and not being able to diaper and dress them. Oh and he didn't enjoy showering with a bag on his arm either. You shouldn't let Sam play basketball ever!

    ReplyDelete