Thursday, April 23, 2009

They Are Figuring Things Out

Judah can officially sit himself up. A couple evenings ago he was scootching around and then I noticed that he was sitting up. I asked James if he had helped Judah sit up and he said that he had been sitting by me the whole time. I still didn't believe that Judah could sit himself up. This morning Judah was sleeping in our bed. I heard some little baby sounds and decided to go check on him. He was sitting up on the bed looking around. I was impressed. Then later I had put him down for a nap in his crib. After a while he was still crying and I decided to rescue him. He was sitting up in his crib! Yeah! Now I just need to see him do it with my own eyes.

For a long time I have been saying that Asa would be into lots of trouble the day he figured out that he can use his ability to climb on a chair to reach things I don't want him to have. Well, that day is today. He has been taking pictures and magnets off the fridge and opening the pantry to help himself to snacks. Hmmm. I don't know what to do now.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about you, but it is soooo much easier for me once the baby can get itself to sitting! They seem to play and be happy so much longer once they get mobile.

    Oh no. Now that Asa has figured out the chair trick the 'childproof' zone suddenly gets a lot higher. Or else you get a lot more vigilant. Either way, good luck!

    ReplyDelete