Thursday, April 9, 2009

Asa Needs a Bigger Bed

Asa started out with no "lovies" about a year ago. At some point he started having a bear in his crib. It was the "State Farm Bear" from James' Aunt Shirley who is a State Farm agent out in Arizona. We added in a blue dog who we call Blue. Asa thinks it is the dog from Blue's Clues. Then we noticed that Asa liked laying on our pillows when he laid in our bed. I found a little pillow and put it in his bed. He usually covers up his head with his pillow. A while after we added the pillow, our friend Carol made a pillow for Asa with his name on it. I tried to replace the pillow, but he needed the the old one still. A few weeks ago we couldn't find State Farm Bear so we gave Asa a different bear. Guess what? Now he has to sleep with that one too. Then we found out that there was a recall on the State Farm bear. The eyes can fall off and pose a choking hazard. I mentioned something jokingly to Aunt Shirley. Saturday we got a box in the mail from her. There was a new bear for both boys. Again, I tried to replace the old bear, but Asa wouldn't have it. So now Asa sleeps with two pillows, three bears and a puppy.


One more thing. Yesterday after bath time Judah was holding the lotion bottle. Asa said to him: "No. I need that."

1 comment:

  1. So funny that he requires certain things to sleep with! What a sweet boy! My kids have never really had a thing for any of their dolls, blankets, toys, etc. I mean, they'll have a fave for a couple days, but it wears off fast. Asa is so cute!

    ps. I have never met James' aunt, but I know who she is from seeing the 'Shirley Light' State Farm sign every time we drive through Winslow. :)

    ReplyDelete