Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teeth

I knew from early in Asa's life that he is pretty laid back. I attribute that to the Light family. In my eyes, they are laid back people. Asa got teeth and it never really bothered him. He would suddenly grab my finger and I'd feel a new tooth in his mouth. Judah isn't doing as well with it. There is a tooth on the top of him mouth that is just trying to break through. I can only imagine the pain! He's been up more in the night this week. This morning he woke up early and was just crabby. He was whining while he played and was drooling like a fountain. He didn't want to nurse or really even be held. I finally put him back to bed and he just fell asleep. I hope that tooth breaks through soon so he will be Happy Judah again.

I'm throwing a bridal shower for some people from church this weekend. It's actually a couple's shower. I decided it would be fun to make cream cheese mints for the shower. I got instructions from my pastry-chef-sister-in-law Janeille and made the mints yesterday. Can you say YUMMO? It really was easy, just time consuming to make. I helped pass the time by watching some TV shows online. I also listened to part of a sermon James has been nagging me to hear for a long time. I'll have to finish it today I guess.

As you probably know, Asa LOVES Blue's Clues. I found a little notebook in my office supplies and gave it to him last week. For my family, it's one of those Hail Insurance Company notebooks that Dad used to carry around. Asa likes to carry around his notebook and a crayon. He wanted to take them to bed last night!

5 comments:

  1. Laid back or crazy? Asa may already be showing signs of being crazy.... :)

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Asa is going to be a journalist? (with the notebook and all)

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! Seara was the same way with teeth. I'd seriously just notice her mouth one day and pull back in shock - What?! Four new teeth?? When did that happen?! Not so much with Elijah and Enoch. You'd think the world was ending. Funny kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I don't think the Light family is crazy. Sometimes the lack of a strict schedule may bother me, but it's good when your kid can be flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you need more of those notebooks, I might be able to find 2 or 3 --- dozen that is! Mom

    ReplyDelete