Thursday, September 25, 2008

Breakfast

I'm sitting at the table watching Asa eat his waffle and I'm amazed at his skills. Just a few months ago he was a baby like Judah. Asa said thank you without being prompted when I got him a fork and again when I gave him a drink. He does pretty good with his fork. If he can't successfully poke the food, he will pick it up with the same fingers as are holding the fork. If he can't get it all the way in his mouth, he uses his other hand to shove it in. Oh wait, now he's just using his other hand to pick up the pieces of waffle. I'm glad he doesn't stuff his mouth full of pieces of food and gag like he did a few months ago. A bit ago he dropped a piece onto his seat and was quick to pick it up and eat it. I guess he treasures his food! I also am surprised how much he is eating. He is almost finished with his third section of a Belgian waffle. He ate this much yesterday as well. And he is quick to say more when he finishes what is on his plate.
Judah on the other hand is starting to be very content playing. He really likes the play gym we have and the mobile in his cradle. He lays and talks to the toys and screams and kicks his legs.
I realized something inconvenient this morning, or maybe it was in the middle of the night. We have another crib, but no mattress. My mom has an extra crib mattress that we should have brought home with us in August. Judah is starting to outgrow his cradle, but I don't think we have another option until we get that mattress. When we have the crib ready to set up, we'll have to face our next hurdle: the boys sharing a room. Will Judah wake Asa up at night? I don't know if I'm ready for this.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with transitioning them to the same room! I waited until Elijah was 9 months before I put him in Seara's room, and I think that might have been too long to wait. I'm trying earlier this time around. It took about a month of misery (on all parts) before they would sleep through each other. Although now I LOVE that they share. They both can sleep through night terrors, midnight diaper changes, etc. And it makes vacation so much easier. I hope that it goes well - whenever you choose to do it!

    ReplyDelete