Monday, September 29, 2008

Random

Here are several random thoughts:

I have wanted to take Asa to story-time at the library for a while now. He is just now old enough to go to the story-time that's at the library we frequent. We have successfully attended each Monday morning in September. It's not so easy to take a baby and a little boy who doesn't sit and screams when you yank on his arm to come back. Yes, he screams like a girl. I can't believe it! Today I left Judah with a friend and took her little boy and Asa to story-time. It was so much easier. The boys were pretty well behaved. Asa kept giving Caleb hugs and kisses. Caleb ignored him. They also got to "make" a craft. It consisted of gluing two eyes on a dog face and taping a stick on the back to make it a puppet. Asa did like putting the eyes on. I'll have to take a picture of the "puppet" to share with you.

I love the time of year when you can leave the air conditioner off all day and not die from the heat! Similarly I like the days when you can turn the heater off and open the windows.

I also like staying up later than everyone and getting things done. I remember right after Judah was born I would fold laundry and clean up the house after everyone was sleeping. I seemed to have an extra boost of energy. I guess it was just the only time I had to do those things. Now there is usually some time when both boys are sleeping and I can do my laundry then. (I don't know why there is so much laundry! It drives me nuts!)

I love sneaking in and covering people up. It's pretty easy to do to James, but it's risky to do with Asa. I am always afraid he will wake up, but I sneak in sometimes despite the risk.

James and I got some bug bites a couple weeks ago. Mine are pretty much gone, but James' bites are a big problem. He has itched so badly that he stands around and scratches and can't do anything else. He went to the doctor Thursday and got an antibiotic for the infection. I don't see that it has worked yet. The red spots around the bites are getting so much bigger. James has taken cold baths, oatmeal baths, put ice on the bites, taken Benadryl, used ointments and a million other things. I think if he's not better tomorrow he will have to go back to the doctor.

He gets it! Any time we are getting ready to go somewhere, I have to ask James to get things ready. It frustrates me that I'm the organized one who knows what we need in the diaper bag. We were talking about it one day after we walked out the door. I said that it would just be nice if he knew what needed to be done. I hate telling him what to do all the time. I feel like his mother instead of his wife. (No offense, Sandy.) Tonight I went to the grocery store (no bread in the house) while James put the boys to bed. (Judah actually had to get up later to eat again.) Anyhow, a couple minutes ago I noticed that there is a container of wipes and some diapers for Judah on the bookshelf in our room. James brought those things out of Asa's room so I don't have to go in there in the middle of the night to get supplies. I am so happy that he thought of that. I want to wake James up and thank him, but I know how tired he is.

I also like reading the blogs of my friends.

I think that's all the random thoughts... at least for now!

1 comment:

  1. lol - I love random thoughts! I hate having to tell Samuel everything to get for the kids, too. But what I hate more is when he tells me he got everything, and then we're out and about, and I realize that he forgot the pacifier. AHHHHH!!! :)

    ps. I didn't misunderstand your comment at all. I thought it was super funny, actually! You're great.

    ReplyDelete