Monday, September 22, 2008

Fallout, Final Game and Coffee

Saturday a few minutes after we put Asa in bed, we heard a thud in his room. I knew instantly that he had fallen out of his bed. There is a problem with the crib that should probably have been fixed by now. The side that goes up and down doesn't lock up all the way on one side. We had never had a problem before; I guess we were just lucky. So we ran upstairs and found Asa on the floor. James thinks he was standing up and leaned on the railing when it went down and flipped him out. He really didn't cry for very long, so I'm thinking he didn't fall straight on his head. We have a newer crib we got from some friends for Judah. I think we'll get it out for Asa in the next couple of days.
Sunday after church we went to the final Royals home game. We had pretty good seats. Someone had given tickets to one of James' co-workers who in turn passed them along to James. We had a good time at the game. After wards we waited in a long line to run the bases. Asa really liked that. As with a lot of other things, I think he mostly liked watching the other kids and imitating them.
Asa, Mommy & Judah running:
ey {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://4.bp.
Asa running:

Today I had a cup of iced coffee with a straw in it. Asa has recently learned to drink from a straw and wanted a drink. I let him have some, thinking he wouldn't like it. He drank a lot, took a break, giggled and then said "more, more." I guess he likes coffee.
Also, Asa can remove the safety plug-in covers we have. I guess they're not working so well. I'm not sure if I can get any that will work because we have pretty loose plugs.

1 comment:

  1. How funny that Asa liked your coffee. I can't even imagine the high a kid could get from it if he actually drank a whole cup! :) We had an apartment with old, loose sockets, so Seara would pull out the plastic cover things, too. Only one socket was new, and that one she couldn't get the covers out of. We thought about getting them all replaced, and finally decided to just take out all the plastic covers. Once they were gone, the sockets weren't nearly as exciting. Funny little thing!

    ReplyDelete