Thursday, February 26, 2009

Asa-ism, Writing Preferences and a Bug

I just have to say that Asa has been saying something new and it just makes me smile for some reason. Here it is:
"Look, Mom."
He points at something for me to look at.

We have thought for a while that Asa is left-handed. He seems to eat and color more often with his left hand. The "experts" say that a child doesn't show for sure which hand he will use until age three or something. But Asa seems to be pretty consistent. James thinks Judah is also a lefty. He apparently does better (like the first time ever trying) eating those little puff things for babies with his left hand. I'm not as convinced as the father. James wonders what the odds are of having two left-handed children.

Last night Asa spotted a bug on the kitchen floor. It's one of those yellow lady bugs. He laid on the floor watching it for a while. He even picked it up a few times. Every time he went away he would come back and look for it. I'm announcing that he has spotted it again today and is very happy.

2 comments:

  1. That would be funny if you had two lefties. Of the eight kids in my family, we have just one leftie. But Seara is one. Or at least we think she is. She's almost four and does everything left handed. But then again, I have a brother who acted leftie until kindergarten and then randomly switched to be a righty. Except he still does sports left handed. Weird.

    ps. I LOVE when little kids learn to say 'look' and to point. It really is the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Margee recently told me that she had a "pet" salamander when we lived at Barnes City. She doesn't remember if she didn't tell Dad and I or if she told Dad and told her not to tell me. At any rate I guess it amounted to her watching it occasionally outside and that was it. So now does Asa have a "pet" Japanese Beetle?

    ReplyDelete