Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sleep Schedules

I apparently need to read some books about sleeping. Asa was sick last week and woke up in the night a lot. He also woke up early in the mornings and had shorter naps than normal. We aren't back on schedule yet. He was up early both this morning and yesterday morning. He was just envying my muffin. When I moved it out of reach and put a muffin on his plate at the table, he broke down. He was sitting on the floor and would not climb up on his chair to eat his own muffin. I finally picked him up and handed him the muffin. He, still crying, held the muffin with both hands and took a bite. That finally silenced the crying. (For a few minutes.)
Judah is another story, not very different. He still gets up in the night to eat. I have to admit that this is my fault. I'm too tired to put him back to sleep so I just let him nurse and sleep with us. Then any time he makes another noise, I nurse him again. Sunday night was terrible. He has been having trouble pooping and I think it was keeping him up. It was really hard to get him to sleep. With Judah, I think I'm going to try to feed him during the day on a stricter schedule. Hopefully that will help him to get full during the day so he doesn't need to eat at night. I'm also working during the day to get him to fall asleep on his own in his crib.
I feel like I have had these plans before and they have failed. Well, it doesn't hurt to try again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, good luck! Enoch slept 8-9 hours from 2-4 months, but for the last three he has been waking up. At first it was just once ... but this last month it started to be 3-4 times. We were going insane! Finally about a week ago we got him to sleep through the night again. We're going on five days. PHEW! So I really relate to what you are going through right now. Seriously, though. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete