Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Big Move

Asa has been sleeping in the basement for a solid two weeks. We put him down there so that we can let Judah put himself to sleep in his crib. When Judah was born we talked about moving Asa's bed to the basement, but I couldn't stand having my baby in that dark cool place. In the last ten months, I've lost enough sleep and had a baby in my bed so much that I don't really care about all that silly sentimental stuff anymore. I decided when Judah turned 10 months old that I would stop nursing him in the night and almost always holding him until he falls asleep. It really has worked out well. Judah is doing very well going to sleep in his crib. About half of the time he cries for less than five minutes. He also has slept through the night several times in the last 12 days.
Anyhow, back to the big move. Asa has been sleeping in a pack and play downstairs. Remember how he jumped out of it about a month ago? He hasn't been doing that. Since he seemed happy sleeping in the basement, we decided to move his bed down there on Monday. I am sure he is happy to have some extra wiggle room.
Since we moved a bed out of the upstairs bedroom we had room for the rocking chair. My rocking chair has been in the basement since we had our Christmas tree up. And I have missed it. It's back in Judah's room and I love it! I have rocked him for a few minutes before putting him down for every nap and bed time. I'm in baby heaven!

I cut Asa's hair last night. He did a very good job sitting still. The part that bothered him the most was the cape. He started trying to pull it off about half way through.

Judah woke up at 5:45 this morning. I thought that if I nursed him he would fall back asleep. Wrong. He was lifting up his legs, playing with the sheet. I finally decided that we may as well get up. I started making breakfast for James (a rare task during the week). And guess who I heard talking in the basement? That's right. Asa. We all ended up eating breakfast at 6:30. Judah is already down for his morning nap. I'm guessing Asa will go down early for his nap. I hope the day isn't too long.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the transition is going well so far! I definitely understand the point where sentimentality goes out the window for practicalities sake! You gotta do what you gotta do. I hope your days isn't too long, either. Starting before six can make your day so hard!

    ReplyDelete