Thursday, May 7, 2009

Monday Night Royals Game

As we live in Kansas City and are always game for a little entertainment, we decided to go to the Kansas City Royals game on Monday evening. Every Monday the upper deck seats are $5 (plus surcharges, give me a break). We loaded up our van with the kids and food for our dinner. We walked 20 miles and climbed a million steps to get to our seats. It took me a while to get my bearings. The game was great. They have a pitcher who is suddenly good this season and he was starting. We cheered and booed when necessary during the game. Apparently the catcher from the Chicago White Sox is hated by KC fans. Who knew? Asa loved the whole thing and Judah didn't seem to mind all the excitement. We think Asa thought he was watching TV because of the huge screen in the outfield. I think he saw the actual players on the field at some point during the evening. The most exciting/annoying part of the night was drunk people. There was a bunch girls sitting right behind us that were very loud. James heard one of them say that they started drinking around 4:00. (It was after 7:00 at this point.) They were using pretty colorful language and I was just about ready to say something to them when one of the girls told another to watch her language around those cute little kids. (I had been surprised that they were making comments about our boys but still swearing. Hello, these are little kids!) Then after the game we saw what James described as a taping of Girls Gone Wild. There were a couple girls dancing on a car and lifting their shirts. Luckily we didn't see any skin and our boys didn't notice anything. Despite the awkward moments with intoxicated people, we had a great time at the game.



Judah has enjoyed time this afternoon playing with a magazine. I can't believe how exciting it is to little ones to play with such simple things.

Asa had a fever all day yesterday. He ran up to me this morning saying that his mouth hurt and showed it to me. He has a bunch of sores on his tongue. I took him to the doctor and he said it's a virus that will have to run its course over the next week. I really hope the sores are better soon. Asa looks so miserable!

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so cute! I can't believe that Judah is so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that one of the drunk girls kicked over her full cup of beer and it spilled on James. I don't think he got very much on himself but it did stink. That was about the last straw. I'm surprised that James didn't yell at them. He must have been practicing self control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some really good pictures, not just because your boys are cute- you look great, too! Glad your game neighbors didn't spoil your family fun.

    ReplyDelete