Monday, May 25, 2009

Iowa, Celebration

I just heard Asa count to 11 all on his own!
Judah likes to crawl around holding a toy in his mouth.

Now on to what's been happening.

Tuesday (May 19) was my mom's birthday. I decided that the best gift would be a visit from some of her grandchildren. I drove up Monday morning with the boys. I decided that with our family so far away it would be worth the investment to buy a DVD player for the van. Asa was very excited to see Grandma. He even recognized her house when we pulled into the driveway. Not long after we got there we left again to meet my sisters and nieces for dinner in Iowa City. We ate at Old Country Buffet. I was surprised by Asa's behavior there. He sat at a table with all his cousins and ate his dinner. He only got down and ran around a couple times. Judah was another story. Every time I got up he screamed. I guess he really likes me! After dinner we took the kids to a play area in the mall and we had a chance to visit some more.

Jodi, Margee, Melinda:


Other exciting things we did while visiting my mom include eating at Tasos, feeding the ducks at the cemetery, playing in the yard and pulling fence posts out of the ground by the new tree. We left on Wednesday to drive back home in time for church.

My oldest sister Margee was here for the weekend. They are staying with friends in Olathe. It is fun to see Asa so excited to see his cousins. Faith and Joelle really love Judah. Between the two of them I wouldn’t ever need to take care of him.
Sunday evening we made our third annual trip to Celebration at the Station. It is a great outdoor concert by the Kansas City Symphony on the lawn of the Liberty Memorial with Union Station as a backdrop. We invited a lot of people from church and my sister’s family to go with us. We had a group of close to 30 in the midst of a crowd of 50,000. We had a great time listening to music and talking with our family and friends.

Friday we're leaving for Arizona for vacation. Stay tuned for summaries of our vacation excursions!

1 comment:

  1. Enoch started his stranger aversion/I only like mom (and maybe dad) stage about a month ago. I think all my kids hit it between 9-10 months. When I'm around I think it's so cute, but when I need to go somewhere without the kids it drives me CRAZY! :)

    ps. I'm sorry we didn't get to visit you guys on our trip back east. When you emailed and suggested that I was so excited, but we just couldn't fit things in with what my family had going on. So sad!

    ReplyDelete