Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving: part 2

Well, so much has happened since Thursday! We've cooked, eaten, cleaned up, played with kids and then done it all again! We had our Thanksgiving dinner on Friday afternoon. It was fun making all the food with James' family.
This is James' mom and Aunt with all of their grand kids. They're all boys:
Dawson, Asa, Judah, Grandma, Dylan, Drew, Aunt Shirley, Aden

Yesterday I helped Janeille and Sandy set up the tree for Curves at the Festival of Trees. I think our tree is the best looking tree there, despite what that lady said as she walked by... "Oh, my tree is better than that one." I didn't really take her opinion to heart since she said she really liked this cheesy white tree with bows and balls on it. Our tree was entitled Christmas Flowers and had poinsettias and gold balls on it. It was classic.
James has been to the nursing home to see his grandmother who isn't doing very well. It's always hard to see someone who used to care for you unable to care for themselves.
Saturday afternoon was when the real excitement began. Dylan (James' youngest nephew) started throwing up. I won't share all the details, but it happened several times. We thought the other kids would be fine as long as they didn't have contact with Dylan. Shortly after getting to Janeille's house for our dinner of hours devourers, Asa threw up on James. We undressed both of them (I know, exciting!) and put Asa in a big plastic tub. It's a good thing we did that since he threw up a few minutes later.

After that happened, we decided we should go to James' parent's house and put Asa to bed. We were up several times in the night changing Asa's jammies and bedding. At one point, James said he was glad that Asa didn't have diarrhea. Guess what? A couple minutes later I smelled a terrible stench. We've had four of those since about 3:00 AM. I can't count the number of times Asa threw up. This morning he asked for a drink but threw it up a few minutes later. That's how the rest of the day has gone. I thought he was over it a a couple hours ago, but he was just holding his drink in a bit longer.
Here are the boys on the couch. Notice that Asa is sitting on towels and plastic to protect the couch and the two boys are on opposite ends of the couch!

Well, you're all probably ready to puke yourselves! We really are having a good trip. It is so good to see family. It's only been bad for the last 20 hours. I just hope Asa is better by the time we leave for home tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I hope Asa gets better and no one else gets sick for your drive home! The drive there was eventful enough, the last thing you need to add is the flu. I'll send a little prayer upstairs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to add....Janeille,Aden then Janet all got sick too. We were up all night! Yikes! Then Dawson threw up once this morning. I feel really bad about the whole thing since Dylan started it. Adam and I cleaned before everyone came back...It seems to be a very fast moving/spreading bug! Sorry James and Jodi... Janeille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Asa and Poor Jodi!! I hope he's feeling better SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I didn't intentionally leave out the information about the rest of the family being sick. I guess I was just suffering from a lack of sleep and wasn't putting everything together right.

    ReplyDelete