Thursday, July 16, 2009

House Heartbreak

We have found a house to purchase. It's one block away. We wanted to close on July 7. The lady from our mortgage company couldn't make that work. We were set to close July 21. The same lady can't make that happen either. I'm not sure what she does in her office in Texas all day, but she doesn't return James' emails or calls. The major hang-up right now is that we are getting a grant from the city and they don't have all the information needed to cut a check for us. They really just need one form filled out by that lady. And she can't find the time to do it. We hope to close July 23.
The twist:
I am going on a mission trip to Nashville with the teen group from church. We leave July 26. Between July 23 and 26 here's what we have to do:
-clean new house
-move into new house
-clean our apartment
-unpack so my mother-in-law can find things (She is staying with my 3 boys while I'm gone.)
-pack for the mission trip
-make a side dish for a BBQ
I know what you're thinking. That's nothing. You can do all that in one day! Right. Well, if something else gets messed up I might just die. There are other things we would like to do in the new house before we move in, but there is no time. I think we're going to take possession and move in all on Thursday (one week from today!) I am going down on Monday with a friend to clean. I'm hoping that's not a problem with anyone. If we can get everything clean Monday morning, I will feel a lot better about the whole situation.
The final twist: I have an injured knee. I think it's tendinitis but I'm no doctor. I am going to see my chiropractor tomorrow morning. Hopefully he will help me a little.

It will be a busy week; I still have a lot of packing to do. I am mentally prepared. Now if my body (and kids) would cooperate, I will be in luck!

7 comments:

  1. That sounds a little on the overwhelming side!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi...
    It will work out. Similar things happened to us and everything came together. Just know we know how you guys feel. Very overwhelmed but hang in there. We will help get things moved when that time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to sound redundant, but it will be ok. When things seem overwhelming is when they somehow get done. It seems like too much now, but just take things one step at a time and they will get done and then, in a few months, you can look back on all of this and feel soooo relieved. Also, sometimes hitting something very hard helps.

    ps i'm commenting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious. Why are you going to see a chiropractor for your knee? I have never been to a chiropractor, but from what I understand they fix subluxations of the spine.
    I wish we could be there to help you move into your new house. We drove through your circle driveway when we were in Lee's Summit with the kids. Your new duplex neighbors seem nice. Mariah said she'd met them before. I'm glad she knew them because we were removing things from your garage at the time. That might have been hard to explain to the cops...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Josh, chiropractors do deal with the spine. Mine also checks out my other joints: shoulders, elbows, hands, knees, feet. I don't really know what he does but I think he checks to make sure the joints are put together like they should be. I know a lot of people are skeptical, but he has really helped me. I had a lot of back pain when I was pregnant with Asa and he helped a lot then.

    Just so everyone knows, I'm not really feeling that stressed out. I know we have lots of people helping us out and we couldn't make this happen without the help of our friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!! I know things always work out in the long run, but buying a house is SOOOOO stressful. I'm so sorry it is getting pushed back so far. Frustrating!! Our house that we built was done six months EARLY, so instead of having Sam graduated and having a sizable down payment, we had to get out out our apartment contract, move while Sam was working full time and going to school full time (and sleeping - no joke - four hours a night), and while I was nine months pregnant with Elijah. I gave birth one week after we moved in. But we survived. And you will too. I wish I was close enough to help, though!!

    ReplyDelete