Monday, July 20, 2009

Housing Update

At the end of Monday (day 1 of moving week) the new house is mostly clean. Two friends broke in with me this morning and tackled the dirt and cat fur. (If you have a cat, get rid of it. I'm totally grossed out by all that fur all over the house!) I think I almost barfed at one point because of cat fur and the previous owner's hair. Blech! I still need to get a carpet cleaner and clean the carpets. That's on the list for tomorrow. I'm still trying to figure out when that will fit in.
We have a time to close! 9:00 Thursday morning. Woo hoo! The last piece of getting everything in place to close happened today. The city required that we have an inspection for lead paint because they are giving us money. I was terrified that we would have some cracked paint and would have to get it taken care of. I actually saw a lot of chipped paint on the door frames but that must not have been what the guy was looking for. After he looked through the house he said, "You have my blessing. Good luck on the move!" Whew! Things are falling into place.

5 comments:

  1. Bennett and AinsleyJuly 21, 2009 at 5:31 AM

    Hooray for you! Post some pictures of the new place once you get settled...I realize this may mean the pictures won't come for about six months, but we're excited to see your first house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww--i'm sad that you're grossed out by kitties. i love our kitties! we have a powerful vacuum to deal with the hair...i certainly wouldn't leave it for the next tenants. congrats on having a closing time...hope everything else goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn, I do like cats. I just can't stand the fur when it gets on the carpet and your clothes. Do you remember us having a million cats on our farm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a cat...no fur build up...maybe under our bed...but that is it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! I'm so glad everything is falling into place. GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete