Thursday, July 2, 2009

Celebrations

Well, my birthday was a couple weeks ago. James and I went to a Royals game without the boys the evening before. On my birthday I went to a brunch at a friend's house. She had everything organized so well! There was a paper bag with snacks for each kid (like 12 of them) and had little name tags on the cups. It sounds funny but it was really cute. We had a great time. When the boys and I got home, they ate some lunch and laid down for naps. I was also exhausted and took a long nap. When I woke up, I heard Asa and Elmo. I figured that James must be home. We went to a great pizza place for dinner and then took the kids to the park. Most of the day Asa wouldn't tell me happy birthday. As we were driving to get dinner, Asa mumbled "Happy birthday, Mom." It was so cute!

We didn't do much for Father's Day. I made enchiladas for lunch and we spent most of the day relaxing. I taught Asa how to say "Happy Father's Day." It was pretty cute. It sounded more like "Happy day."

We have been busy around our house. We are planning to close on our house July 21. My mom came down this week to help me pack. We got a lot of things packed and I can rest easily knowing that everything is packed well. While Mom was here she read a lot to the boys. That's Asa's favorite thing to do with Grandma. There's a book that asks a question on every page and the answer is "no" on every page except for the last page. Mom said that Judah was saying "no" right along with Asa. Today I was reading the book and he did it! It was so cute seeing him say no and shake his head.

1 comment:

  1. Yay that your mom came to help! I hope everything closes smoothly (and on time)! :)

    ReplyDelete