Thursday, July 9, 2009

Judah is 1!

Judah turned one on July 1. Here's what he does:
-cruises & crawls really fast (usually chasing Asa)
-says Da, Mama, no, yeah
-eats almost anything
-uses a sippy cup
-loves books

On Judah's birthday we had a very busy day. My mom was here in the morning and had some time to read to the boys. It's their favorite thing to do with Grandma. I ran a few errands and then returned home to do a million other things. I watched our neighbor's little girl as they moved in next door. I made dinner for a family at church and dinner for our family. I also baked and decorated some cupcakes. After James got home we did a video chat with Aunt Janet as Judah opened his birthday present from her. Asa was happy to help Judah open his presents!




We had been trying to get together with our friends Ken & Abbie who recently moved to Kansas City. It worked out that we were all free on Wednesday so they came over for dinner. After dinner we did the birthday cake thing for Judah. We sang and lit a candle on a cupcake for him. He really enjoyed the singing. Like most one-year-olds he didn't know how to blow out the candle. But he did enjoy his cupcake! I was surprised that he didn't make a very big mess with it.


I know that I will say this for the rest of my life, but I can't believe how quickly time flies! It has been a great year with two kids. There were some rough times but we have really been blessed with awesome kids! For example, this morning they let me sleep until 9:30! It was a nice present since we were up late and I was up for an hour in the night. I do love both of my boys (and their dad) very much!

2 comments:

  1. Kids are the BEST! I'm a big fan. :) Happy 1st to Judah. We can't believe Enoch is a year either. Time really flies. I mean, REALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete